Healthy Holiday Cooking Recipes
Chicken Teriyaki with Sweet Potatoes and Shiitake Mushrooms
serves 4 people
- 2 tbsps of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tsps of olive oil
- 2 pcs chicken breast fillet, sliced in half & skinless
- 1 ½ tsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps cooking wine
- ⅓ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tbsps of brown sugar
- 1 medium sweet potato/kamote, peeled, sliced
- 6pcs shiitake mushrooms
- Heat oil and saute the garlic and ginger. Add the chicken and braise.
- Cover the pan to allow the flavor of the garlic and ginger to seep into the chicken.
- Pour in the liquid ingredients (chicken stock, soy sauce, cooking wine)
- Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add in the sliced sweet potatoes and shiitake mushrooms
- Cover the pan, and let it simmer for 15 minutes and stir occasionally
Fruit Salad with Healthy Honey Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsps vanilla extract
- 1 juiced orange
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
*better to use fresh fruits as opposed to canned fruits
- Mix Honey, Vanilla Extract, and Yogurt in a small bowl, whisk, and set aside.
- Combine fresh orange juice with sliced fresh fruits and mix it well.
- Top the fruits with honey yogurt sauce, or set it aside and serve as a dip.